Tuesday, June 19, 2012

From Garden

I started working on my garden a couple weeks ago eventually. It was very late start so I had been missing lively flowers and plants around the house. Then now my desolated patio and front yard have gotten some pretty colors and full of life.



I built a new little flower bed in front of the big window of our dinning room. There never grows grasses well around one of our cherry blossom trees so I just dug the ground in a curvy shape and placed old bricks around. Covered the soil with a big plastic sheet for avoiding weeds growing and it is waiting for being covered with river rocks


I planted mostly herbs and perennials like lavender, sage, rosemary, thyme and rose etc. The photo below is taken a week ago so the plants have grown taller now. They are giving a little more interesting view from the street for strollers.



These are plants I got for my little patio behind the kitchen. Half of them were from a clearance section. They didn't look so beautiful since they were not in good shapes loosing flowers and had some dry leaves. They just needed a bit of help and love then made a pretty little container garden in my patio.






What do you have in your garden this year? I hope you are enjoying your gardening as I am. Thank you for reading! Happy gardening and have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. Not many flowers in my garden this year, but there are lot of vegetables. Even on the patio, containers of vegetables. :) I am looking forward to my jalapenos being ready so I can make cowboy candy. We sure go through a lot of those candies jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a vegetable gardener but very interested in it. I don't even know what cowboy candy is like, but I surely wanna try one someday!

      Delete
  2. I do not garden. I have many allergies, including dirt! Also, I live in an upstairs apartment with no personal area outside.
    What I enjoy so much is visiting blogs like yours, where you enjoy my love for crochet and crafting, and you display such beauty as your garden. I can enjoy your garden!
    Thank you for having a delightful blog. I enjoy reading it often.
    ShelleyJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about your allergies. I have allergies to several things. So I understand how you feel unpleasant living with it. I am glad to hear that you enjoy my blog. I will try to bring the breeze from my small garden into this blog. Thank you for your kind comment. I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Pretty rose in the first photograph. I have one similar in my garden but it is not flowering at the moment, being winter. So it was especially lovely to see here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne,
      So you are from the other side of the globe! It is amazing how we can connect in spite of the distance. Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you enjoy Winter there as well!

      Delete