Saturday, September 22, 2012

Folklore Flower Embroidered Tote!

It took some time, you know. But eventually......I finished my folklore flower embroidery project at last!

And here is the finished item made with the embroidery piece! It is a small tote bag. I am so happy how it turned and I love it so much! I hope you guys will love it, too! I have been working on getting ready to re-open my Etsy shop. The shop will open soon as soon as the products are ready. I am trying to stack up items in my small "warehouse" for selling. This awesome tote will be in my Etsy shop soon, too. I will notify you when its ready to go, here in my blog, twitter, and facebook as well.

The bag has one simple pocket and one zipper pocket, too. The lining fabric is a medium weight cotton canvas. A bandana print in red, black and yellow, is a perfect matching with the embroidery color scheme. The handles are dark navy cotton webbing.

In addition, I made this roomy pouch to keep your belongings nicely in the bag.

This pouch opens wide and holds a lot in it. Also it is nice that people don't see the staff in your bag.

Look! The pouch made to fit perfectly in the bag!

I put neat hand stitches around the opening. It makes the bag looks more well finished, I hope!

The pattern is my original and it was new. I wasn't sure until I saw this bag finished, but then, I liked that! I want to make more of my "one of a kind" products with this pattern.

This embroidery work was so fun. I am going to keep working on this kind of pieces from now on. And put them up in my shop as many as I can. Certainly it would take some time for you to see a new product in the shop. But I hope many of handmade lovers will be looking forward to it and be happy to be waiting. That's my dream. Thank you for reading, and hope you all have a happy weekend!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Still not finished all.

 You might have forgotten about these old chairs which needed to be refinished. I hope this post reminds you that we got a set of cool mid-century style dinning set in May.  I have left those chairs unfinished tooooooo long. They were sitting in the basement storage while we were gone to Japan. Finally I purchased a fabric for re-upholstering them last month and I'm slowly working on it only when I am NOT cooking, cleaning, gardening, driving, shopping, making things, and of course, sleeping ;p It is still not done yet, though I have three seats finished. Only two more to go....!

Previous owner didn't strip the old green fabric and just covered it with sleazy yellow towels! That obviously slowed down my work.

Cut a "New" (I had this faded form which is unused in my storage. I guess my husband got this from a yard sale sometime.) 1" thick form along the shape of the seat.

Wrap it with a piece of fabric using a stapler to hold the fabric in place.
Tuck the fabric in the corner to make the curve nice and neat.

Screw the finished seat in the chair. Yahoo! One down!

To be honest, I am not 100% sure of my choice of fabric. At least I can say it looks sharper and much much cleaner. I hope these chairs will add a bit more modern feeling to my dinning room.

Thank you for reading. I hope you started another wonderful week. And happy refinishing!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Work in progress / Folklore Flowers

This pattern is inspired by folklore embroidery designs of Eastern Europe. I have never been any of those countries. Sometimes I turn my thoughts toward there. Dreaming to visit those countries to see their exquisite traditional hand works. Today, I would like to share some photos of my work in progress. It is very close to finish!

I hope you all are having a wonderful September. Happy embroidering!