Thursday, August 1, 2013

Material shopping trip to Shinjuku (in Tokyo)

I can't believe that we only have ten days left in Japan. I didn't plan many things to do this Summer because my schedule in Japan usually tends to be congested and I get very tired. But material shopping to Tokyo is crucial to me. So I went for it last Saturday. The destination was Shinjuku. There are two large well known mass-sales craft stores close to Shinjuku station.

 I usually take trains which go along Tokyo Bay to Tokyo from my home town. This is the view from the train window.

The view of the east side of Shinjuku Station. 

There is "OKADAYA" about three minutes walk away from the station. They have good amount of various fabrics. Especially materials for making costumes and clothing.

This picture of the train trucks is taken from 11th floor of TAKASHIMAYA Department store. That is on the South side of Shinjuku station. There is "YUZAWAYA" in this building. It is a craft store chain in Tokyo area.

Oume Highway goes in front of Shinjuku Station South exit.

This year I got some colored lacy crochet threads. I like the quality of Japanese yarns. There are many choices.

Japanese Sewing books.

Cute prints of Suzuko Koseki.

Basic Polka dots.

Soleiado is a long seller series in Japan.

Bias tapes made of Soleiado fabrics.

 Naniiro Double Gauze.

Liberty print seems very popular in Japan as well. The store was showing beautiful products made of Libarty fabric too.

I forgot to check who make these pretty floral prints. They were very attractive.

My favorite material heavy weight felts. They are 2mm thick. You can get 3mm thick ones in rolls. Very handy.

It seems needle felting is still in trend in Japan. I saw many of super cute needle felting kits.

These are some of my purchase this time.


And I keeps making things. This motif is made of the thread I got here.

If you are planning a trip to Tokyo and need information about material shopping there, please let me know!

Thank you for reading such a long post! I hope you enjoyed it. It is hard to find time to write now, but I will try to update my days in Japan. I have a lot more to telly you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh que paraíso!!!! Que delícia de loja! Aproveite bastante! Boas férias!
    Boas compras! Bons passeios! Bons encontros com a família!
    Um abraço!
    Egléa

    Oh what a paradise!! What a delight to shop! Enjoy a lot! Happy holidays!
    Happy shopping! Good rides! Good meetings with the family!
    Hugs!
    Egléa


    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in Japan and have always wanted to go back to visit. Your post makes me want to go even more now! Those bias tapes & fabrics! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a Japanese sewing book from that rack!

    ReplyDelete