I found this lovely flower pattern double gauze fabric this Summer when I was in Japan. I thought this would be great for sewing any kind of tops for myself. It is light and soft and feels so comfortable to my skin. The fabric was resting in my inventory shelf for awhile and eventually I pulled that out and sewed a tunic dress.
Unfortunately there wasn't enough yardage to make a whole dress with the double gauze. So I added a fine European linen to the bottom of the dress. And fortunately the colors of the linen and the gauze were getting along very well with each other :D
The pattern I used didn't have a facing around the neck. It was instructed to use a bias tape. I wanted a well tailored look rather than something like a "home made" look, so I modified the pattern a bit by myself.
You can find this free pattern here. This pattern is provided by a craft supply chain store in Japan. So it is written in Japanese. But it has intelligible illustrations so if you are experienced sewer, you probably would be able to understand the pattern.
I placed little pearl buttons to the neck opening.
Thank you for reading. Hope you have a good Wednesday. Happy sewing!