Monday, May 6, 2013

Embroidered Mother's Day Messages

I finished two Mother's day embroidery items last week. Embroidered messages in hoops for hanging on walls. Using hoops like frames for hanging on the wall is very popular in the crafty world now. I am sure that's because they certainly look cute!



The technique I used is Dye & Stitch. I drew and colored the design with fabric markers on the fabric first then added stitches along the outlines. I also sanded and painted the embroidery hoops. I hope that makes the finish a bit more professional.






These hoops can be purchased at my favorite vintage shop Junk Evolution in South Bend. (They also have some more of my items like these and those!) We finally have beautiful Spring days here in South Bend! This is my most favorite time of the year! I hope you are enjoying your day too! Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are simply adorable. I might have to make one for my mother next year, although it would mainly be a present for me because they look like so much fun to make. Would you be interested in sharing pictures of them on Kollabora, the online crafting community I'm part of? We haven't been seeing much embroidery over there lately.

    ReplyDelete