Monday, September 17, 2012

Still not finished all.

 You might have forgotten about these old chairs which needed to be refinished. I hope this post reminds you that we got a set of cool mid-century style dinning set in May.  I have left those chairs unfinished tooooooo long. They were sitting in the basement storage while we were gone to Japan. Finally I purchased a fabric for re-upholstering them last month and I'm slowly working on it only when I am NOT cooking, cleaning, gardening, driving, shopping, making things, and of course, sleeping ;p It is still not done yet, though I have three seats finished. Only two more to go....!


Previous owner didn't strip the old green fabric and just covered it with sleazy yellow towels! That obviously slowed down my work.

Cut a "New" (I had this faded form which is unused in my storage. I guess my husband got this from a yard sale sometime.) 1" thick form along the shape of the seat.

Wrap it with a piece of fabric using a stapler to hold the fabric in place.
Tuck the fabric in the corner to make the curve nice and neat.

Screw the finished seat in the chair. Yahoo! One down!

To be honest, I am not 100% sure of my choice of fabric. At least I can say it looks sharper and much much cleaner. I hope these chairs will add a bit more modern feeling to my dinning room.

Thank you for reading. I hope you started another wonderful week. And happy refinishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment