My Up-cycling Challenge #2 was making a neat shoulder bag out of this old wool Jacket (Right in the picture).
I like the masculine look of this herringbone wool. I picked out the red striped ticking for an accent and a lining. This bold combination of the wool and a ticking, somehow brought clean and sophisticated feeling to the bag.
I put the front panels of the jacket to the bag front and utilized pockets in my design. Those pockets are still functioning. Red striped trims and the tuck in center work very well to add an interesting element.
I sewed cotton webbing and wool together to make the shoulder straps. It made the straps durable and also look cool.
There is one pocket inside hanging from the top. On each side of the opening I put a set of magnet snaps to hold the contents safely and adjust the capacity of the bag.
The original label from the lining of the jacket is sewn on the back of the bag. It adds a character to this piece.
This project was a kind of improvisation. I didn't use any patterns. I enjoyed it so much and I really love the result. I would love to have this as my everyday bag. This bag is displayed in the store of Junk Evolution for promotion of the event "Wabi sabi Saturday".
Thank you for reading and hope you all have a beautiful Sunday! Happy Up-cycling! ( Challenge #3 post will be coming soon!)